Lavelle's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

U 50x66
Aug 13, 09

Recommended for: EVERYONE
Read in August, 1998

My least favorite of the books when I was younger, and also the only book I've only read three times (four after this last read). Still, one of my top 10 books of all time. =] I think I enjoyed it more this time around honestly... probably because I was constantly looking for the kind of details that I might have missed before. I almost wish that Rowling would go back and give a longer, more mature account of this book's events. Remember the scene in the Chamber of Secrets (movie) when the Basilisk appears and dukes it out with Harry? In the book, from when the Basilisk first shows itself to when it dies, is only TWO PAGES long! And Riddle is destroyed on the very next page! I know she was writing for children and all, but (after being spoiled by the incredible length of the latter books) I really want some more meat on the bones of this plot and it's main events. Anyway.... I might do a serious, well collected, review of this book at one point or another, but I don't think it's necessary (I have a feeling people have heard about this series before). Just wanted to jot down some thoughts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.