Parallax's Reviews > Wild Sweet Love

U 50x66
Jul 27, 09

bookshelves: fiction, 2009-read, author-poc, fiction-poc, historical, romance
Read in July, 2009

Hm, I was looking for something else when presented with a former outlaw Wild West robber ex-con out on parole. I wanted more focus on her journey to rehabilitation, and/or her adaptation to being on the outside. I felt the stuff I was interested in--the historical setting and the rehabilitation/adjustment stuff--got glossed over. Stuff fell into place too easily. I guess I wanted a character journey, or more adventure type stuff, with developed romance.

As for what the book actually was: The historical setting was interesting, the relationship and respect between Teresa and Mrs. Nance was nice, and I could see why Teresa and Madison fell in love and how they were a nice balance of passion and sensibleness. I kind of want the sequel to the book of the couple's frontier life, and focus on building community and are affected by U.S. historical events, and have wacky Wild West hijinks with ex-outlaw relatives, and deal with the occasional adventure type stuff.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Sweet Love.

message 1: by Consuella (new)

Consuella It's not about what you want, but what was written. There's no way for Ms. Bev to write to please an individual reader.

I find it very difficult to read reviews that focus on personal desires instead of the novel. I write reviews only on books I enjoyed or grossly flawed books. (I’ve only written 1 negative review.)