Shawna's Reviews > Her Last Line of Defense (Harlequin Blaze, #493)

Her Last Line of Defense (Harlequin Blaze, #493) by Marie Donovan

4 stars – Contemporary Romance

Special Forces Green Beret Sergeant Luc “Ragin’ Cajun” Boudreaux, straight from a long tour of duty in Afghanistan, is selected to teach jungle survival skills to a congressman’s pure city girl daughter Claire Cook, who’s staunchly determined to volunteer at a remote South American village smack dab in the middle of a treacherous jungle.

Of course, while they’re training and trekking through the swamps of the Louisiana bayou, Luc winds up giving innocent, practically virginal Claire sex lessons as well. Surrre, because after all, getting hot and heavy on a rough floor of mud, twigs, and leaves surrounded by all kinds of nasty (and poisonous) creepy crawlies while being in a state of, shall we say, less than fresh, is soooo darn sexy. And of course, Luc croons to her in his native Cajun French dialect during sex, so Claire gets some language lessons for an added bonus! “Chatte” apparently means female cat/kitten, and I’ll let your imagination run wild as to why he uses that particular phrase with her. *grin*

This ‘Blaze’ read really lives up to that moniker because it’s a serious scorcher, even borderline erotic, and alpha Luc loves to use dirty talk, especially those aforementioned naughty Cajun French sayings...deliciously yummy! There’s the whole falling in love after barely a week, and can a hardened, damaged soldier who thinks he’s undeserving of love and a lasting relationship take a chance premise, but for the most part, it works. After all, it may be unrealistic and even a tad silly at times, but it sure is sexy, fun, and blazin’ Cajun chili hot! 4 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Last Line of Defense (Harlequin Blaze, #493).

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Okay I guess I'll have to read this book. Y'all talked me into it. :)

Auntee See that Shawna, it didn't take too much to convince Danielle!:)
This is a little scorcher, Danielle!

Nice review, Shawna!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) It was all the subliminal messages you guys were putting out to 'Read this book.' :)

message 4: by Rane (new) - added it

Rane Awesome Review Shawna *stares at the cover for a bit* :D

message 5: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Nice review Shawna! I have this on my TBR, so I really need to find a copy from somewhere:)

Shawna Thanks ladies! It's a spicy little read!

message 7: by Tammy (last edited Sep 18, 2009 04:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tammy Great review Shawna! I should have known - if Auntee is reading it, so you are. I'll bet you two have a system worked out. That's exactly how I got hooked on the Night Huntress series! LOL!!

Shawna Tammy wrote: "Great review Shawna! I should have known - if Auntee is reading it, so you are. I'll bet you two have a system worked out. That's exactly how I got hooked on the Night Huntress series! LOL!!"

HAhaHAha! True, Auntee and I do seem to have spooky, similar reading taste! lol!

Auntee We were 'separated at birth', doncha know?:)

Tammy I'd believe it!

Shawna LOL, Auntee! Kind of a scary thought! HAhaHAha!

Colleen "getting hot and heavy on a rough floor of mud, twigs, and leaves surrounded by all kinds of nasty (and poisonous) creepy crawlies while being in a state of, shall we say, less than fresh, is soooo darn sexy."

I just finished this book yesterday and you hit it on the mark right there. LOL Great review!!

Shawna Thanks, Colleen! lol! :)