Johnny's Reviews > The Lost City of Faar

The Lost City of Faar by D.J. MacHale

Aug 04, 09

Read in August, 2009

Nice try, MacHale.

This series isn't going anywhere. A friend told me that it was better than Harry Potter, which I already thought was a little too good to be true, but now I know is a mockery.

This series is based on an immiture teenager that gets sucked into different worlds, battling a shape-shifting evil-for-the-sake-of-being-evil being. Bobby (the protagonist) doesn't try to help anyone around him, and as a result, the characters that the reader actually respects die. Yet, for some strange reason the evil antagonist fears Bobby, who is always too scared to fight and always runs away.

Does this sound like a series worth reading? It isn't. Trust me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost City of Faar.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kumayl I think you are wrong this series is clearly better than harry potter. Plus immature only has one i. So you might want to check your spelling

message 2: by Beasty (new)

Beasty your wrong... St. Dane isn't evil for the sake of being evil he has a huge evil plan. You need to read the whole series

message 3: by Sva (new)

Sva harry potter is waaay better than pendragon! but i do think pendragon is a good series.