Jael's Reviews > Graveminder

Graveminder by Melissa Marr

Sep 07, 11

Read from August 21 to September 04, 2011

For the most part I found it to be a very interesting read, most of what was going on with the book you are able to figure out, though there were a few twists in it to keep it fresh. Sadly they were towards the end of the book and if you were paying any attention whatsoever in it, it won't be much of a surprise.

So, if I enjoyed it why the three stars?

Reading the summary on this website or on the book jacket, you know that Rebekkah is the next Graveminder. However, it takes the book about half the book for it to unfold for her, which makes for some slow reading at least on my part. Plus, it took me a long time to warm up to Rebekkah.

Although I really took to Byron.

Like other reviewers I did find myself more drawn to secondary characters like Amity or Penelope. Though Marr did wrap the storyline up beautifully, I am still curious as to some of the characters in Claysville and to some of the mysterious in Deadtown (view spoiler)

Also, I must say as someone who grew up around guns I was really pleased when Byron didn't shove a gun in the waist of his pants. Brownie points for you Marr!

I don't know if Marr is planning on writing a sequel to this one, but I'd definitely read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Graveminder.

Quotes Jael Liked

Melissa Marr
“Sleep well, and stay where I put you.”
Melissa Marr, Graveminder

08/22/2011 page 60
08/22/2011 page 60
19.0% "It's all mysterious. I love it. I'm liking Byron so far, Rebekkah... not so much. But we'll see."
08/24/2011 page 90
28.0% "Vampires or zombies? Or maybe a ghoul?"
show 4 hidden updates…