Slayermel's Reviews > The Lost World

The Lost World by Michael Crichton

Jan 11, 15

bookshelves: 2010, 20th-century, american, fiction, made-into-film, male-authors, mystery, science-fiction, series, suspense, thriller, philosophy, bookcrossing, kobo
Recommended for: Jurrasic Park fans or anyone who enjoys a good thriller
Read on January 10, 2010, read count: 1

The Lost World is the exciting sequel to Jurassic Park. As a huge fan of the movies, I just had to read the books and I’m glad I did. The books hold so much more information and are different enough from the movies to keep you interested and in suspense.

In this story there seem to be strange animals washing up on the shores of Costa Rica and it has the authorities worried about their tourist industry. These animals are not like anything they have seen before and now there is some strange, new form of encephalitis plaguing the local farmers. Authorities are scarred and don’t want any of this getting out to the public.

It has been six years since the disastrous events at Jurassic Park and now Ian Malcolm, Sarah Harding, Doc. Thorne, and Eddie Carr and their two stow a way’s Arby and Kelly, are heading to a private Island among the five Deaths just off the coast of Costa Rica to rescue their colleague Richard Levine who has disappeared trying to get to the bottom of the strange animal appearances on the beaches.

Dr. Levine is not the only one trying to get to the bottom of the strange animal appearances. Lewis Dodgson from Biosyn Corporation is still trying to get his hands on Dinosaur DNA and he is positive that these creatures must be washing up from InGen’s Site B, if only he could figure out where it’s located.

This was a very fast paced book and I could not put it down. Definitely worth the read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost World.