Michelle's Reviews > Pride and Prescience: Or, A Truth Universally Acknowledged

Jul 26, 09

Recommended to Michelle by: N/A
Recommended for: Pride and Prejudice fans
Read in June, 2009, read count: 1

This is the book that finally got me to read Pride and Prejudice all the way through. I had only read a few chapters of Austen's work, and had seen the 2006 version of the film before reading this book. As an avid mystery lover, I couldn't resist watching two famous literary heroes solve a mystery - and after reading this book I was finally interested in actually reading the story of how Darcy and Elizabeth fall in love.

Bedris' Darcy and Elizabeth are just as intelligent and witty as they are in Austen's book, and they are just as much in love. Pride and Prescience begins on the day after the Darcy and Elizabeth get married and it continues through the months after Caroline Bingley marries a wealthy American. As the Darcys try to piece together why such strange things happen to Caroline, they encounter the supernatural. This isn't overdone though, and actually fits the plot well. I'm not a sci-fi fan at all, and this bit of the supernatural is artfully inserted. It actually made the end of the book fun.

If you're into Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy and enjoy mysteries I'd reccomend this book to you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride and Prescience.