Christine Morehouse's Reviews > Once Bitten, Twice Shy

Book Rating: ♥♥♥♥1/2
Heat Rating: MILD
Reviewed by: C.S. Morehouse

ABOUT THE BOOK:

I’m Jaz Parks. My boss is Vayl, born in Romania in 1744. Died there too, at the hand of his vampire wife, Liliana. But that’s ancient history. For the moment Vayl works for the C.I.A. doing what he does best–assassination. And I help. You could say I’m an Assistant Assassin. But then I’d have to kick your ass.

Our current assignment seemed easy. Get close to a Miami plastic surgeon named Assan, a charmer with ties to terrorism that run deeper than a buried body. Find out what he’s meeting with that can help him and his comrades bring America to her knees. And then close his beady little eyes forever. Why is it that nothing’s ever as easy as it seems?

Once Bitten Twice Shy reviewed by C.S. Morehouse

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a slacker compared to Jennifer Rardin’s Jaz Parks in her paranormal romantic suspense thriller series. “Once Bitten Twice Shy” is her first book in the series and it is a thrill ride a minute.

Jaz Parks isn’t your conventional slayer. She has a few tricks up her sleeve that even the faint of heart shouldn’t know about. Paired with an almost three centuries drop-dead-gorgeous Vampire, Vayl that has a few phobias of his own and you have an amazing action adventure mixed in with a delightful romance.

Told in the first person—Jaz Parks was unique in that you really got to know the leading character. I have to admit I’m not a huge fan of the first person telling, but Ms Rardin did such a superb job that after a while I didn’t even notice it.

Her three dimensional flesh and blood characters kept me glued to my comfy couch. This page turner will leave you thirsting for more. And Ms. Rardin isn’t letting her devoted fans down with already five other book in the series: "Another one Bites The Dust’, “Biting The Bullet”, "Bitten To Death”, “One More Bite”, and an October release of “Bite Marks” you are sure to get more hair raising, nail biting and blood thirsting villains and heroes until you can’t take any more.

My only problem is figuring out which one to beg Jennifer to send me next. Maybe if I’m real good I might get them all to share with you. Cross your fingers and wish me luck.

Happy Reading!
Christine
Romantic Crush Junkies
Erotic Book Junkies
Over The Edge BooKreviews

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Bitten, Twice Shy.