Mojca's Reviews > Three Fates

Three Fates by Nora Roberts

Jun 02, 15

bookshelves: nora-roberts-jd-robb, suspense-mystery-adventure-thriller, scottish-irish-celtic-hh-setting, contemporary-romance
Read from May 31 to June 30, 2015, read count: 1

The three fates of Greek mythology, Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos. United, they hold the fate of the human life in their hands—one spins the thread of life, the other measures it, the third cuts it.

Yet their statues have been separated for ages. One was stolen, only to be saved by being lost forever at the bottom of the ocean, and two were passed on through generation. Yet the thread continues to spin, waiting to be measured, and cut. Waiting for the three Fates to reunite once again.

It will take three couples, three siblings, and their fated ones, to bring the Fates back together. Their threads have been spun, and connected, and nothing and no one can stand in their way.

I started to read this book a few years back, but after finishing chapter two, I put it back on my shelf. I have no idea why, maybe I wasn't in the right mood. Or maybe it was my first NR book and I haven't gotten used to her yet. ;)

Anyway, I picked this story up once again, and I couldn't put it down until I was finished. It reads like one of NR's trilogies, just condensed into one story. Which is both a pity (because I love her trilogies), and a blessing (because some of the main characters were rather annoying). I usually like NR heroines, but the three in this one were just a bit too much for me to handle, the shy, phobic hypochondriac, and the "reckless" Irish gal were okay, I guess, but I just can't get over the idiotic exotic dancer that has pretty much put everybody in danger, because she foolishly thought she could handle it. Yeah, right. The guys should've been made saints, especially the younger Sullivan brother.

Once I got past the heroines, it took some time and work to do that, everything else was spot on. The suspense, the romance, the pacing, the plot, the final resolution...It was great, tight, gripping, and intense. As a NR story should be.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Fates.

10/01/2009 page 79
21.01% "A slow and rather boring start. Please don't let this be a DNF."

message 1: by BJ Rose (new) - added it

BJ Rose This has been sitting on my shelf for years - very unusual for a Nora Roberts book for me. I started it once and it just didn't do anything for me, so there it sits - maybe your review will get me going on it...