Rane's Reviews > Dangerous

Dangerous by Amanda Quick

1987431
Out to save her hot headed brother from a duel that could kill him Prudence Merryweather finds herself at the door of the man whom her brother challenged, finally coming to an understanding to spare her brother, Pru ends up making a deal with the Fallen Angel which he may collect at anytime, but it doesn’t have her “to” worried that is until he kisses her.
The Earl of Angelstone, Sebastian Fleetwood finds the amateur ghost hunter Ms.Merryweather fascinating and very unusual from the women of the ton, he finds the deal between them very amusing and just another way to stay close to her while he goes about his hobby of solving crimes for Bow Street. But when Pru finds out about his little hobby they both finds themselves not only in a sham engagement but becoming a team solving their biggest mystery yet.
As their case starts turning up more dead bodies, they delve deeper to find the truth and finding out their a better team as they match wits and passion to solve a long ago crime.

This was a delightful read, it was fun and quick paced never slowing down keeping you wrapped up between Sebastian’s and Pru growing relationship to their case and who-dun-it. Sebastian was a great hero(extra points for having a love for cats), always coming across with his bored and sarcastic attitude toward everyone around him but mostly his father’s side of the family whom always looked their noses down at him. Sebastian hides behind his devil may care mask a deep hurt after the deaths of his family trying to find warmth where he felt a deep cold lay close to his heart. When he meets the crazy and delightful Pru his life turns around as he starts to feel love and warmth making him wonder how he went all his life without Pru by his side. Pru was smart and clever always wanting to be where the action is, she finds she can truly be herself around Sebastian and tag along on his cases. (Mucht to his horror ) As a couple their were really great with their back and forth banter that had you smiling knowing in the end Pru would somehow win no matter what Sebastian did, which was really sweet.

The case that Pru and Sebastian work on to solve was if you pay attention and are a fan of Clue was a no brainier, but as to why they did it was a big surprise and how the main villain gets his due was awesome touch.

The only fault I had with the whole book was although the banter was enjoyable, when either Sebastian or Pru didn’t get their way (going along on cases or whatnot) they started to act like child who was deny a piece of candy which seem out of character as both were smart and clever and having to act like a kid because they didn’t get what they wanted made me roll my eyes.

Overall: a fun read with a overlaying murder mystery and two great leads that will have you enjoying the book till the very end!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dangerous.

08/05/2009 "Another lead with the name Sebastian, I've come across of late..." 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dina Great review, Rane! I agree, this was a fun read and Sebastian's sarcastic banter with Pru made me laugh out loud a few times.

Funny coincidence: this is the 2nd time in 2 days that a reviewer mentions the game Clue. It's been ages since I played it. Maybe I should try and find the dusty box I have stashed God knows where, and invite some friends to play it this weekend, LOL.

Rane Dina wrote: "Great review, Rane! I agree, this was a fun read and Sebastian's sarcastic banter with Pru made me laugh out loud a few times.

Funny coincidence: this is the 2nd time in 2 days that a reviewer men..."

Thank you Dina! I loved Sebastian he was great!
*laughs* I loved playing Clue as a kid (that and Payday) I heard they revamped the game with all new goodies and new bios :/ bet it isn't as great as the old version

message 3: by Angelc (new)

Angelc Great review, Rane! That's so cute that Sebastian likes cats :)

Rane Angelc wrote: "Great review, Rane! That's so cute that Sebastian likes cats :)"

Thank you Angelc! Sebastian had the huge black cat named Lucifer ^^

message 5: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Great review Rane:) Haven't read anything by AQ but think I need to check her out, she seems quite popular.

Rane Adrienne wrote: "Great review Rane:) Haven't read anything by AQ but think I need to check her out, she seems quite popular."

Adrienne! *huggles* Your back from your vacation??

This was the first time I've read AQ myself and really looking out for some of her other books.

message 7: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz I've never read anything by Amanda Quick. Who would you compare her books/writing style to Rane?

Rane Eastofoz wrote: "I've never read anything by Amanda Quick. Who would you compare her books/writing style to Rane?"

I would say a witty banter of Juila Quinn with a mix of Jayne Anne Krentz and Suzanne Enoch type of hero (geez hope that makes sense)

Stamatia Oh East do try to read some Amanda Quick. I like her very much. You do know she's Jayne Anne Krentz, don't you?. Espescially her earlier work is light hearted fun reads. I had a romp reading through her back list!

message 10: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz Never read "Krentz" either (lol!)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review, Rane!

Stamatia I like some of her contemporaries but not as much as her AQ titles and I also like all the Jayne Castles I've read though I have yet to read that back list.

message 13: by Rane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rane Eyre wrote: "She also writes under the name Jayne Castle. I love her Amanda Quick books; I've never really gotten into her contemporaries.

Great review, Rane!"

Thank you Eyre!
I loved this book so am on the search for more of her books!

message 14: by Dina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dina Rane wrote: "I loved this book so am on the search for more of her books!"

I am also new to AQ and on the search for more books. I started with Ravished, which was very good. It's on AAR's Top 100, if I'm not mistaken. I think you'll love it, Rane.

message 15: by Dana (new)

Dana Good Review! I've requested this from the library.

message 16: by Rane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rane Dana wrote: "Good Review! I've requested this from the library."

Thank you Dana! ^^ I hope you like the book!

Dina wrote: "Rane wrote: "I loved this book so am on the search for more of her books!"

Ravished? *writes that down* Thank you much Dina! *hugs* I shall have to check it out!

Stamatia Yes Ravished was very good, and if memory serves so was Scandal, Mistress, Deception and Mystique which is a medieval.

message 18: by Rane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rane Stamatia wrote: "Yes Ravished was very good, and if memory serves so was Scandal, Mistress, Deception and Mystique which is a medieval."

Thank you Stamatia! Am not big on medieval settings but the others sounds good!