Yvette's Reviews > The Names Not on the Wall

Sep 20, 2007

bookshelves: non-fiction-vietnamwar
Recommended for: all AMERICANS
Read in July, 2007

I am really not into books about the Vietnam War. I’ve read a few and found them hard to follow. I made an exception and read this book because it was recommended to me by a very good friend.
If I could sum this book up in one word it would be "WOW".
This is told from a Naval Corpsman's point of view and shows the respect Marines have for their Docs and the love Docs have for their Marines. This book is a good read; not full of complex military terms that a civilian would have a hard time following. Doc really does a wonderful job in bringing us there. We FEEL what our heroes went through and can appreciate their sacrifices. This book is not sugar coated so for those weak in the stomach I would not recommend you read it. After a few pages I was part of Doc’s family. He made me care for him and want to protect him. I began reading this in the waiting room of a doctor’s office and literally had to put on sunshades b/c I was weeping that uncontrollable. Another time I was reading on the porch and laughed so loud that my neighbor started to laugh with me although he had no clue what was funny. This book is a must read for all Americans!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Names Not on the Wall.