Chris's Reviews > WWW: Wake

WWW by Robert J. Sawyer

Jul 24, 09

Read in June, 2009

Three stars because I really like the character of Caitlin especially early in the novel. She is a blind girl who through a extremely new procedure is able to see. The catch is that she can only see the internet or the world wide web. The connections the pathways and the information that flows as electrons. She senses or does she some presence that we already know is growing. Interesting story but at the end it becomes a girl sitting at her computer. And I know this is me but no matter how hard someone tries the scene of someone sitting at the computer is just not that interesting. I guess it is why William Gibson novels as good as they are have never been made into movies. Remember Johnny Memtronic? Holy Crap that was awful. Reeves interfacing with the internet. It was kind of bad ass in the novel in the film it was awful. It just isn't interesting. What does that have to do with this novel? Nothing other than computer + typing = boring to me. Sawyer is interesting and I like his stuff and if you have read his stuff in the past and liked it I would say give it a shot. Then again if you are like me and the thought of girl sitting at her computer blogging bores you to death I would avoid this one and reach for something else.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read WWW.