Sara Grochowski's Reviews > The Body Finder

Apr 16, 12

bookshelves: own
Read in April, 2012

REVIEW ORIGINALLY POSTED AUGUST 2009

Okay, I realize that it is ridiculously early to be posting a review of this book, but really, with a book this good, who cares?

I am, quite simply, in love with this book! I read it three days ago and I'm still in love with it. I'm considering rereading it - I RARELY EVER reread books!

The Body Finder has so many elements that really appealed to me. Firstly, I found the serial killer and murder mystery aspect of the book really well done. I'm a big fan of shows like Criminal Minds, so I already had an interest in that type of plot line. Coupling that aspect of the plot with a supernatural ability and budding romance pretty much set this book over the top!

Violet's ability was, though creepy, very interesting. I really was a bit creeped out when some of the bodies were found. Violet dealt with her ability much better than I ever would - she is a very strong, resilient individual.

I really liked Violet as a main character. In books (and movies and television shows) where there is a female lead and a murder, the female lead generally does really stupid things that leave the reader or viewer freaking out about her stupidity. Violet wasn't like that, which was very refreshing. Yes, she makes a few bad choices, but overall, she was smart! I really like it when my main character has a brain, so I was very happy about that.

Now, on to one of my favorite aspects of The Body Finder: Violet and Jay! Kimberly Derting did an AMAZING job of writing Violet and Jay's romance. I loved their flirting and dialogue. I found the scenes filled with flirting and sexual tension to be very true to life and realistic. I love those tension filled scenes and The Body Finder was full of them! The confusion and jealousy associated with falling in love with your best friend, who is suddenly very good looking and a bit of a stud, was spot an as well!

Ratings (Out of 10):
Plot: 10
Characters: 10
Writing style: 10
Romance: 10!
Originality: 10

Total: 50/50 (A!)

I think Kimberly did an wonderful job blending the different aspects of The Body Finder. I loved every aspect: the mystery, Violet's ability, and the love story. The Body Finder was one of those books that I couldn't put down - until I forced myself. Seriously, I had about 30 pages left and I made myself go to bed (at 5 a.m.) because I didn't want it to end. Not surprisingly, I picked it up right when I got up the next morning and finished it! The Body Finder is definitely a must read for 2010!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body Finder.

Quotes Sara Liked

Kimberly Derting
“Multihued light radiated up from beneath the water, centered among the reeds, and then diffusing outward as it reached the surface. Violet had never seen anything like it, and she knew that the spectrum of light was defying its very nature by behaving in that way.

It could only be one thing.

There was something dead down there.”
Kimberly Derting, The Body Finder

Kimberly Derting
“What are you doing here?" she asked as she slowed from a jog to a walk and placed her hands on her hips. It would take her a few minutes to get her breathing back to normal. Longer if he kept smiling at her like that.
He shrugged. "I couldn't sleep. What about you?"
She opted for the obvious and filled her voice with as much sarcasm as she could. "I live here, actually”
Kimberly Derting, The Body Finder

04/16/2012 page 80

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by SimBim (new) - added it

SimBim Why sin't this book out in the UK?

Sara Grochowski I'm not sure... :( I hope it will be eventually!

Aphrodite write write? I cant wait to read the next one!

Aphrodite oops right right* wth just happened to my grammar

Sara Grochowski HAHA. I do that all the time! No worries!

Aphrodite LOL I feel embarrassed:P anyways! dont chu just LOVE the book!?:D