Siriss's Reviews > Why Men Marry Bitches: A Woman's Guide to Winning Her Man's Heart

Why Men Marry Bitches by Sherry Argov

Jul 24, 09

bookshelves: other
Read in July, 2009

I reserve the one star rating for books that were purely a waste of time and actually upsetting because zero stars might lead one to think I just didn't rate it.

This book was wretched. I have no idea why I picked it up. I was at borders just standing there and there it was and I grabbed it and started flipping through it and was utterly appalled. A good 90% of her conclusions as to how men feel or think or will react are completely off. And if any woman I was with acted in the manner she proposes I'd be totally put off not to mention if I found out it was part of some ploy, I'd turn around and say bye.

Even the stupid things like saying, "You are so smart." Sure it seems like a nice thing but honestly on a date when a woman starts making obtuse statements like that I think she's either not paying attention or specifically trying to stroke my ego because she can't think of anything pertinent or interesting to respond with. I like people thinking I'm smart as much as anybody else but it bests comes out on a date through engaging conversation rather than blanket statements from someone that really hasn't had the time to know me.

Honestly, this author is just plain dense and while I've never picked up one of those women-self-help books before, I now know why they are so made fun of.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Men Marry Bitches.

dateDown_arrow    newest »