Holly's Reviews > The Dark Divine

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

Aug 31, 11

bookshelves: debuts, series, shifters
Read from August 30 to 31, 2011, read count: 1

I actually really liked this. I was a bit leery because I didn't know exactly what this book was about. The "mystery" is shrouded in...mystery. The book jacket gives you virtually nothing to go on and I try not to read reviews about a book before I read them, so I don't read spoilers.

Grace Divine is the pastor's daughter. Things have always been a little different for her. Instead of hanging with friends after school, Grace volunteers around the city. That's how life has always been for her and her family. When Daniel Kalbi returns to town after being away for 3 years, Grace is confused. Why did he go away to begin with? What happened the night he disappeared? And why did it coincide with the night her brother came home covered in his own blood?

Grace is a sweet girl, a bit like Jamie Sullivan from A Walk To Remember. She's got a lot of strength behind a calm demeanor. I liked that. And Daniel...I don't know how much I can say about him without giving stuff away. So I'll just stick with the generic, "I like Daniel, too."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Divine.

Quotes Holly Liked

Bree Despain
“The problem with promises is that you've made one, it's bound to be broken.”

Bree Despain
“We don't forgive people because they deserve it. We forgive them because they need it—because we need it.”

Bree Despain
“I almost laughed in spite of my nerves. What were the odds that two werewolves had the hots for
me? Like I was some gigantic monster magnet. Was there a sign on my back that said, bite me,
i'm available !?”

Bree Despain
“You really are one of a kind. I mean, it's not every day my girlfriend offers to kill me.”

Bree Despain
“Remember Grace, if you let anger into your heart, it will push out your ability to love.”
tags: anger