Laura Gardner's Reviews > The Song of the Lioness Quartet

The Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce

Jul 27, 09

bookshelves: ya, romance, fantasy, coming-of-age
Read in July, 2009

The Song of the Lioness Quartet is an inspiring series about Alanna, the girl who became a powerful knight-sorceress by dressing as a boy for over five years and working her tail off. Tamora Pierce has written tons since then, but this was her first series and her first of four series about the land of Tortall. The series is VERY romantic with lots of adventure. If you liked Graceling, you'll love the books of the Song of the Lioness quartet. The series follows Alanna from the time she goes to court to become a squire until she is a full knight in her twenties. Books in the series include: Alanna: The First Adventure; In the Hand of the Goddess; The Woman Who Rides Like a Man; Lioness Rampant. The world that Pierce has created in these books is full and rich. Characters are fully developed and grow on the reader over time. I especially liked how Pierce handled the love triangle that emerged between three of the characters. This is an incredibly told tale that you'll probably want to reread again and again. (thanks, Gabi for recommending it!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Song of the Lioness Quartet.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mom (new)

Mom Did Melissa finally convince you to read one of her favorite series?
Love,
Mom

Laura Gardner No! A teen at the library did. :) I didn't know they were her favorites...I just finished last night at 1 a.m. and am on to the Immortals series by her next! I LOVED it. Have you read them, too?

message 3: by Mom (new)

Mom I listened to them on my MP3 player. I liked them veyr much. Good messages for young girls, also.