Vanessa's Reviews > Under Man's Spell

Under Man's Spell by J.K. Muta

Mar 30, 10

Read from March 02 to 25, 2010

Author JK Muta weaves an emotional and social awareness novel Under Man’s Spell. I want to acknowledge the event that takes place in Under Man’s Spell is based on actual events and/or practices in Tanzania, Africa. The emotional and spiritual battles these women, Pili, and Esta endured is simply heart wrenching; as readers will witness with these strong and tenacious women.

Admittedly, I had to stop reading several time to offer up prayers of thankfullness, as I was blaringly, aware of how blessed I am as a woman, having at my disposal, -- modern day gadgets, and my social and political freedom. It was at times hard to comprehend the horrid events that has/had taken place in the lives of women.

Although times were difficult for these women- they are not embittered by the harshness and realities of their world. They are survivors and some will become protestors. The few in numbers; the women will unite in an effort to bring an end to the injustice of superstition (witch craft) practices such as the burning women who were thought to be witches and the murdering innocent albino babies. The book concluded in an open-ended manner, leaving readers to believer a sequel will soon follow.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under Man's Spell.

03/02/2010 page 26

message 1: by candy (new) - added it

candy Sounds like a page turner! Can't wait to read.

Vanessa I am enjoying it so far!

message 3: by candy (new) - added it

candy i bet. can't wait to get it! I"m so glad to have found this site, BOOK LOVERS; this gives me the opportunity to explore different and interesting books. LOVE IT

J.K. Muta Thanks Vanessa, I appreciate you taking time to review the book.

Candy, I hope you enjoy it when you get it.

Vanessa My pleasure!