Mari Anne's Reviews > The Little Giant of Aberdeen County

The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker

Jul 26, 09

Read in July, 2009

Wow! A sleeper! I vaguely remember seeing a review on this in the paper or a magazine but hadn't heard anything about it. What a shame because this book is definitely buzz worthy! A very well written and well constructed story of a girl with a rare disease that causes her to grow to gigantic proportions. Oddly enough that isn't even the most interesting plot in the book. The plot is somewhat reminiscent of "She's Come Undone" and "Icy Sparks" but I think much more interesting than either of those.

The author does take some liberties with time and so it is slightly confusing at how fast the story seems to jump ahead. For instance the main character Truly had just been born and then she inexplicably seemed to be walking and talking. That tends to throw the reader somewhat but it wasn't such a stumbling point since the plot moves along quickly and you get sucked in very fast.

Also the ending, while satisfactory, wasn't truly satisfying. I felt is was somewhat out of sync with the rest of the book. Overall though, a really great read and one I would recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Little Giant of Aberdeen County.