Joanne's Reviews > A Little Bit Wicked: Life, Love, and Faith in Stages

A Little Bit Wicked by Kristin Chenoweth

Jul 28, 09

Read in July, 2009

I haven't read many celebrity memoirs, and I'm not really familiar with Kristin Chenoweth's TV shows, movies, or singing. I was intrigued by an interview with her I read in a gay magazine and by her self-description as a liberal Christian. The memoir, which is co-written with Joni Rodgers, is breezy and funny. Chenoweth is self-deprecating and relentlessly optimistic, along the liens of "when God closes a door He open a window."

Towards the end it is too full of name-dropping about various costars and people in show business, all of whom she loves loves loves. The most interesting chapter for me was chapter 15, which retells the brouhaha that ensued in the gay community when she appeared on the 700 Club and in the Christian community (the Women of Faith series fired her after one appearance) after she acknowledged that her best friend is gay and she was going to play a gay woman in an upcoming movie. She's not your typical Southern Baptist: puts out a hymn-singing CD and then poses nude in Allure magazine.

Simon & Schuster must have rushed the publishing, because there are several typos and copyediting errors that someone should have caught.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Bit Wicked.