Kathy's Reviews > Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!

Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels

Aug 04, 09

Read in August, 2009

I love Jillian Michaels. She is my kind of girl and I can totally relate to her in most ways. I do have mixed emotions about her book. Most of the things she is talking about in here I already know and it was a good kick in the butt to up the anti with my diet. I have been working on slowly cleaning things up this past year to eat more natural and stay away from processed foods and artificial colors/sweeteners/flavorings. Organic is more difficult. Veggies are easy in the summer when I can grow the garden and go to the farmers market, but the rest of the year it becomes very difficult. And meat, cheese and the like is SOOOO expensive it is very hard.

I understand to look as great as she does you have to almost have an all or nothing attitude but it becomes very difficult when you don't have as much money/time. She had some great ideas in here, and I would really recommend this book to anyone who is thinking about starting this lifestyle. But I will stick to my mantra that "Something is ALWAYS better than nothing" and you have to have a little wiggle room to enjoy life a little too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Master Your Metabolism.