Katie's Reviews > The Girl with the Mermaid Hair

1928123
Jul 23, 2009

liked it
Read in January, 2010

I don't know how to say this nicely so I'm just going to say it honestly. I hated The Girl With The Mermaid Hair. I couldn't get into the story and I couldn't get past the main character's personality.

The Girl With The Mermaid Hair is the story of Sukie Jamieson. From the very beginning I knew I wasn't going to like Sukie. All she cared about was herself. She was obsessed with the way she looked and she was so full of herself. A major part of the book was Sukie talking about how gorgeous she was. One of my problems is that if I don't like a main character, I don't like the book. Obviously this caused a problem for this book.

I would go into the plot but I don't know what it was. There wasn't a whole lot going on in the book. At first I thought there might be some romance to the story but it didn't pan out. In the end Sukie did a little growing but not enough to redeem the book.

Overall, The Girl With The Mermaid Hair is one book I won't be recommending. I hate to write such a negative review but this was not a good book for me. If you are at all interested in it, check it out from the library but don't waste your money.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl with the Mermaid Hair.

01/10/2010 page 8
show 5 hidden updates…

message 1: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin umm... do you normally give books you hate three stars? (Just wondering if it was an error or intentional.)

Katie Caitlin wrote: "umm... do you normally give books you hate three stars? (Just wondering if it was an error or intentional.)"

It was intentional.