Steve Walker's Reviews > Fingerprints of the Gods: The Evidence of Earth's Lost Civilization

Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock

Oct 29, 09

Read in October, 2009

If you aren't familiar with Chariots of the Gods or In Search of Ancient Astronauts, Secrets of the Ancient Pyramids, etc., then this book may interest you. amazing groups of people were on this earth 5000+ years ago that had achieved things we can't figure out today. This is all over the world from Egypt, China to South America. There is certainly evidence that there was some kind of connection with shared technology. Was this aliens visiting? Was it God?

I did not find a lot of new information for me except for some of the South American oddities like a seaport high in the mountains 10 miles from Lake titicaca that is thousands of years old.

The plus of this book is getting to know the author a little bit. He doesn't just give facts and draw conclusions. He visited all these places and studied first hand as well as reading a lot of stuff (1/5 of the book is the bibliography!) It's part non-fiction sccience and part travelogue. I enjoyed the book from that perspective but I did not read every page. I scanned and skimmed a lot of it. There are some great photographs too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fingerprints of the Gods.