Karla's Reviews > Shiver

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Nov 25, 09

bookshelves: ya, werewolf, poetry, romance, tear-jerkers, 2009, minnesota, favorites
Read in November, 2009

I got into this book so quickly and couldn't put it down was a fast read. I feel in love with the character Sam and really felt his pain and longing for Grace as he lingered on. I really enjoyed Stievaters take on werewolfs was very intresting and unique. I adored the poetic and lyrical parts of the book they were so touching and made me wish I read more poetry than I do. I was disapponted in the awful parenting of most of these teenagers though. I wanted to reach though the book and slap them! I'm hooked and look forward to the next book in the series to answer my lingering questions I had at the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shiver.

11/23/2009 page 89
11/23/2009 page 192
49.23% "LOVE IT!!!"
11/24/2009 page 250
64.1% 9 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sarah Oooh, can't wait to read this one! Are you liking it so far?

Sarah I chose this for my YA selection for the Novel Ideas book challenge.

Karla I really am enjoying it :D It's one of those addictive ones like Twilight was. I can't seem to pry it away from my hands!! Very romantic!! Dosn't every girl want to have a werewolf or vampire to fall in love with her and tell her she is the special one....??!!
I still have to read Wuthering Heights I will right after this one!! Shelli has already started proably finshed it!

Mary Honeycutt Karla wrote: "I really am enjoying it :D It's one of those addictive ones like Twilight was. I can't seem to pry it away from my hands!! Very romantic!! Dosn't every girl want to have a werewolf or vampire to ..."

Ooooohhhh. You've got me so interested in this book now, Karla!!

Karla I would love to chat over it with you Mary if you end up reading it too! If you liked Twilight you would love this!

Sarah Did you know there is a sequel to Shiver, called Linger? I can't wait to read them!

Karla I heard it but its gonna be a while till it comes out :( I have to wait it out now! Its the same for me on the Hunger Games I have to wait for the third book and who knows how long the wait is a year probably. I know I have plenty to keep me busy but Ill be very impatient waiting. I love the name of the next book though, one word.

Sarah Maybe I'll hold off on Shiver until the sequel has been released. There's nothing more frustrating than reading a really awesome book and then having to wait for the sequel. I like reading a series straight through so I don't forget anything.

Brandie Thanks for the friend request! I loved this book! One of my favorites of the year!

Karla Thanks Brandi we have a lot of books in common! I really loved this one too. I was in the mood for a great love story and this one delivered. I need that every once in a while!

Brandie Couldn't agree more!

Sarah Love your review! Makes me want to read it even more.

Karla You must Sarah it's so adorable! I don't think my daughter should yet it dose mention sex so thats a scary subject for me but she has read less romantic books with sex mentioned in them (that darn House of night series grrrr....) Her and her friends have read all them and I was shocked what she had read. They have them in the middle school library so I can't hold her back, but the mommy in me wants her to stay a baby forever!! :'(

Sarah Girl, I hear you loud and clear! It took Kendall a long time to convince me to let her read Twilight, but I didn't let her read the fourth one because of the sex.