Diana's Reviews > The Diary of Mattie Spenser

The Diary of Mattie Spenser by Sandra Dallas

Jul 31, 09

Read in July, 2009

I am so glad I live now and not then.
Often in traveling with our RV group we women will talk at the end of the day and remark about the country side we have seen during the day and we will always remark on how hard it must of been for women as they crossed this country not in covered wagons but on foot because the wagon was full of your belongings, there was no highway, kichen and lets not mention shower and bathroom. They started out on there way to their new home full of excitement to find along the way dirt, fear and death. They were happy when their new home was a lean two or in this case a sod hut. We are truley lucky and blessed to have had those women pave the way for us.
I liked this book as it was the first I had read that gave me a look into the life of one of these women. My father's family is from Colorado so I got insite if fictional on how it was settled. I found at times it was hard to put down and at times angry at Mattie for not talking back to her husband or just say.... and leave but there wasn't really many places to go for woman. This gives true meaning to "Stand by your Man".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Diary of Mattie Spenser.

07/29/2009 page 140