Mark's Reviews > Consumed - How Markets Corrupt Children, Infantilize Adults & Swallow Citizens Whole

Consumed - How Markets Corrupt Children, Infantilize Adults &... by Benjamin R. Barber

Dec 27, 07

bookshelves: to-read

I've heard some interesting interviews with Barber about rampant consumerism and marketing which made me really want to read the book. But shortly after starting it a few months ago, I set it aside, not really liking the style.

Still, his pre-Thanksgiving Day interview with Bill Moyers is good stuff,worth watching.

And I'll pick up his book again shortly no doubt.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Consumed - How Markets Corrupt Children, Infantilize Adults & Swallow Citizens Whole.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by A.sahib (new)

A.sahib Thank you Mr Mark for your acceptance to be my friend and hope to hear you and preview your writings . A.SAHIB

message 1: by Qa'id (new) - added it

Qa'id You're right - that is a great interview with Bill Moyers. I've heard Barber on NPR and it caught my ear for the same reasons this interview retains my interest.

I hope the book can be as insightful, though it seems to be written in an un-engaging style (based on others' reviews).