Jess's Reviews > Boo

Boo by Rene Gutteridge

Aug 07, 09

bookshelves: library, series, fiction
Read in August, 2009, read count: 1

This is such a cute book. I can totally picture this as a Hallmark movie. Now, that being said, if you're not into the heartwarming kind of story, then this probably isn't for you. This is a Christian fiction, so I can imagine that would turn some people away, as well. However, I admit, I was hesitant about this book at first, but for being a Christian fiction, it wasn't too overbearing.

Skary, Indiana sounds like such a charming little town--I'd live there! The characters really pulled the story together. As I was reading this book, I could see it playing through my head like a movie, that's how developed and clear the characters were. All of the characters had their little quirks, so this book was about more than Wolfe Boone being saved. There was also the whole scheming plot held together by the town busybody, Missy Peeple (who I did not like--I'm not a fan of busybodies). I liked Wolfe--he seemed like a good guy. I loved Ainsley, too. She was so sweet, and I loved that she was so into Martha Stewart (because on the days I feel like being honest with myself, I am, too). Even the minor characters had such distinct personalities, so much so that I could picture the perfect actors to portray them.

This story not only includes romance and the religious factor, but it is also so funny. The characters were so comical, especially the group of schemers. I laughed out loud multiple times during this read.

Overall, I thought this was a really cute story, and I'm glad I read it. However, like I said, this is a light read and one of those heartwarming stories, so if you're not into that, I wouldn't recommend it to you.

I haven't decided whether I want to read the next book (Boo Who) yet or not, but part of me feels like I'm not ready to be done with Skary, Indiana just yet.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boo.

08/04/2009 page 222
73.03% "This is a really cute book if you don't mind Christian fiction. Skary is a charming town, and parts of this story are laugh out loud funny!"
08/05/2009 page 230
75.66% "I can't wait to see how this Thanksgiving dinner is going to play out! :)"
08/06/2009 page 288
94.74% "Oh nooo! I strongly dislike Missy Peeple."