Linda's Reviews > Contagion: The Financial Epidemic That Is Sweeping the Global Economy... and How to Protect Yourself from It

Contagion by John R. Talbott

198798
Jul 21, 2009

it was ok
Read in July, 2009

This author is supposed to know what he is talking about, but what I take away from it is that baby-boomers are selfish and have ruined the world. Our houses are too big, we use too much stuff, and we have vacation homes, I just wonder where this author lives and how he has spent the money he has made selling all his books.
He was an investment banker so I guess all his friends probably are responsible for the economic mess.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Contagion.

message 1: by David (new)

David Linda regretably hasnt heard John Talbott speak else she might have been more sympathetic. But the message she got is not far wrong. The real question is whether its true? The book House of Cards on the fall of Bear Sterns is a useful reality check/case study of Talbott's propositions on how the finance system operates. As far as I can tell from his source all his concerns are well founded though I wouldnt restrict concerns just to baby boomers.