Tyler's Reviews > Rainbow Six

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy

Jul 21, 2009

Read in June, 2003

Espionage is always a favorite of mine, more particularly in films than in books as it seems better a visual than what words can offer. Nonetheless I read this a few years ago because I loved the title. I think I may have played the video game, too, but not so much that I remember enjoying. It was just after the film 'The Sum of All Fears' came out and Liev Schreiber played John Clark (a mere supporting role there, whereas here the main player), and quite well. I imagined him older here, as he is supposed to be near retirement, but that made the reading easier. If you have never read a Clancy book, start here because I think it's the only book I could get through without going into a coma after each chapter. Granted, he has his moments of ranting, mostly about technical jargon only a military colonel would understand, not to mention his need to explain every detail in every character's (major or minute) life. Anyhow, the story is enough to keep you going, and don't worry it does end in a way you won't expect. I may never read it again for fear that I will be eighty or so by the time I finish, but it's still worth the read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rainbow Six.