Lalani's Reviews > Book of a Thousand Days

Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale

Jun 25, 11

bookshelves: favorites, listened-to
Read from June 22 to July 01, 2013 — I own a copy, read count: 3

On re-reading it (actually listening to the audio book) I love this book even more. Usually when I am excited about a plot I read quickly and tend to gloss over the descriptive language. But because I was listening, I was forced to go at the pace of the audio cast. Thank goodness! The book is beautiful and I loved soaking up all the imagery and atmosphere. Of all of Shannon Hale's heroines, I love Dashti the best.

At times I made excuses to do extra chores around the house so that I could keep listening. The audio cast did such a great job that even though I was dying to find out what happened next, I waited so I could enjoy the story in their voices. Highly Recommended.

I took awhile to warm up to this one, but about halfway through it caught me and I loved it. I know the author says it's her favorite of hers.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Book of a Thousand Days.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Lalani! I love reading your reviews! Where are you getting all of your audio books? Do you get them from the library or do you buy them? I've listened to a few audio books and loved them but I used to listen in my car while I was driving back and forth to work. Now that I'm at home all day I am trying to figure out how I would listen. I'm just curious how you do it. When you have a minute, will you let me know? THANKS!!!!

Lalani Pam wrote: "Lalani! I love reading your reviews! Where are you getting all of your audio books? Do you get them from the library or do you buy them? I've listened to a few audio books and loved them but I ..."

Pam, Yes, I borrow them from the library. I know that audio books are also available to borrow digitally from most libraries if you have a device that lets you do so. I just use a CD player. :) I usually listen while I am doing my chores around the house, or in the background while I am playing with the little ones. I've found that it's best to listen to books I've already read so that I know the content my kids are exposed to, and so if there is an outburst or I need to quickly leave the room, I don't really miss what is going on in the story and am not left frustrated. Hope that helps!

message 3: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Yes, it helps! I'm going to look into some audio books from my library right now! I'm excited! THANKS!!