Christina's Reviews > Shadow Kiss

Jul 23, 09

bookshelves: 2009-reads, fantasy, young-adult
Recommended to Christina by: Jess
Read in July, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Oh my God.

I didn't think this series could get any better after Frostbite. Shadow Kiss proved me wrong. Absolutely fantastic!

The ending was magnificent. I could really feel the pull of Rose's two loves. Her best friend, or the love of her life? Who do you choose? And when Dimitri was turned... heartwrenching. I'm scared to see where Richelle will take this. The thought of Dimitri being gone forever is just terrifying, but I don't think it will be as simple as finding and staking him. If the previous novels are any indication, this will definitely not be a straight forward road.

When Rose turned her back on Lissa, I was cheering for her. She has spent her entire life dedicating every waking (and sleeping) minute to protecting Lissa. I know that is her job - to protect her - but at the same time, none of the other dhampir have had to protect a Moroi so specifically and early on in life. They have been training, but they have had no connection like Rose and Lissa. Honestly, it's about time Rose regains a bit of her childhood freedom, even if it means traveling to the far ends of earth to stake Dimitri.

I really, really cannot wait for Blood Promise!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Kiss.