Emma Louise's Reviews > Betrayed

Betrayed by P.C. Cast

Feb 04, 10

bookshelves: bought
Read in August, 2009

** spoiler alert ** The second installment in the House of Night series, which I must say was boring up until the last couple of chapters.

Things I enjoyed about this book:
- The last couple of chapters - where they are down in the underground tunnels and such.
- Heath & the blood lust/imprinting
- Stevie Rae died.
- Aphrodite - she wasn't as lame in this book.
- High priestess turning evil bitch! Yes!
- THe plot... to an extent.

Things that irritated me / I didn't like:
- SO MANY BRACKETS! I swear, half this book was probably written in brackets. They are so SO annoying.
- 3 potential boyfriends? come on... even the sluttiest of sluts only have about two at a time...
- Loren. I don't like him. He's a sex-driven creep, and his poetry is lame.
- The childish language that was a desperate attempt at being all cool and teenagerish but was actually just lame. Sure, as a teenager I was quite immature and lame and laughed at things that weren't funny but it's not something for a book thats trying to be so mature with all the romance and the summoning of spirits.

Was it better than Marked? Probably story wise, but the characters were way more annoying. Some parts of the novel were very well described and had great atmosphere but other parts were just a boring let down.

2/5.

Will I be reading Chosen? Yeah probably. I can't stand not knowing whats going to happen. This is why I generally prefer once-off books to series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayed.

08/07/2009 page 181
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex I totally agree with you about the language. It was the one major factor that made me stop reading 'Marked.' It was so ridiculous that I just couldn't stand reading it anymore. The author tried way too hard to sound like a teenager and it showed. It wasn't natural; it sounded very forced.

Emma Louise Alex wrote: "I totally agree with you about the language. It was the one major factor that made me stop reading 'Marked.' It was so ridiculous that I just couldn't stand reading it anymore. The author tried way..."

I honestly have a hard time seeing HOW it got published to begin with. okay so its not a bad story, it could be alot worse, but it is so, so badly written and the language is terrible, as well as the 50 million typos. I just don't see why they bothered. Still... I'm one of those people who'll end up reading the whole series just to see what happens. it would be a great story if they just cut the lame teenage crap.