Carrie (Care)'s Reviews > The Gathering Storm

The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan

Nov 01, 10

bookshelves: july-09-dec-09, audiobooks, read-in-2010, ebooks, favorites
Read in October, 2009

Wow, I loved this book! This book had a faster pace compared to the previous few books. There was a good amount of loose ends we've been waiting to get wrapped up come to a conclusion. Brandon did an amazing job with this book, and I am even more excited to read the final two volumes. I have to say there were a few times I'd think to myself 'so and so wouldn't say that' or I thought a character was acting out of place (mostly one character, but I bet all of us fans will have this feeling with different characters).

Generally I don't cry or get too emotional while reading a book. I had a few very emotional moments while reading this one. First was seeing R.J.'s signature on the title page (that doesn't really have anything to do with the book itself, but it was nice to see), another was a heartbreaking scene that was extremely hard to read, and the last was an emotional swelling of happiness and sadness mixed together. I will say those last two had to do with Rand. He goes through quite a lot in this book and changes the most. I loved every scrap with Egwene and hated when her parts ended. Although, once I got to the next POV I got sucked in so I didn't mind.

Now I just have to wait till next year for the next book! At least it's not 4 years like we waited for this one.

Edit to add: The second time around reading this was just as great as the first! I love this book. And oh yeah, EGWENE ROCKS!!!!!!!! :D
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gathering Storm.

10/28/2009 page 113
10/30/2010
50.0% "This book is huge. I tried reading this in bed last night and it was so hard. I wish I had it in ebook format so I could read it on my Nook."
show 7 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Adrienne Great review, thanks for your thoughts. Hubby is still reading so am I twiddling my thumbs. Glad to hear that Rand gets alot of attention. There were times where he almost seems to be an afterthought, but he's the Dragon Reborn. I mean, come on! Egwene. Ok, I'm swooning. Can't wait to see her again. Oh gosh, they just all feel like old friends. Been reading this series since my kids were babies, and they are 8 and 9 now. hehe

Shera (Book Whispers) Oh, my. I don't know when I'm going to get the time to re-read the earlier books so I can get caught up in this series.

I really want to read this one so I know where the tear jerkers are coming from.

Carrie (Care) I didn't cry when I read it the second time, but I did get teary eyed. It was at completely different spots in the book too.

I listened to the audiobooks a lot when re-reading this series. I love them.

Shera (Book Whispers) Audio might be smart . . .

Trisha are you talking about Mat by any chance, or someone elsE? :D I really couldn't stand how Sanderson wrote him.

I also got annoyed by particular word use from Sanderson.

And characters suddenly saying 'Aye'...that irritated me. :P

But the plotline was awesome! Snappy & to the point. With heaps of amazing twists & turns. and I was sooo relieved by how it ended.