Laurie's Reviews > Anyone But You

1955435
Jul 23, 09

bookshelves: jen-crusie
Read in July, 2009

Anyone But You was a wonderful fun read that is perfect for the summer. Nina Askew is a divorced 40-year old living on her own for the first time in years. A bit lonely, she heads to the animal shelter and finds Fred who is everything she wasn't looking for in a dog. Fred is droopy, less than energetic and looks depressed most of the time but Nina falls in love and brings Fred home. Training Fred to use the fire escape for bathroom breaks leads Nina to meet the neighbor donwnstairs. Alex is a sexy (10 years younger!) ER doctor who she quickly becomes friends with. As they get to know each other, they both discover that watching old movies and eating Oreos gives them more sparks than they were looking for!
Jen Crusie wrote a fantastic book! This was my first experience reading her and I quickly fell in love with her characters, especially Fred. Nina and Alex were charismatic together and I enjoyed watching them struggle through their lives and relationships. However, Fred stole the show. He was a loyal friend, a shameless ally and he never ceased making me laugh! The storyline was predictable but moved along nicely and the sex scenes were hot yet appropriate. I can't wait to read Jen Crusie's work again in the future and would definitely recommend this book!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anyone But You.