Leslie's Reviews > The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley

Jul 25, 2009

bookshelves: book-club-books

Throughouly enjoyed this book. From the characters to the plot, I found it enjoyable. I loved the writing style which was vivid, quirky and lovely.

I connected to Flavia in a way that I haven't with a character in ages. I think she is a lot like I wish I had been when I was 11. She's smart, knows herself, independent and isn't afraid of anything.

That said, I'm not certain that additional books in the series will be the same. It seems as if they would be more of the same, which oculd be tedious.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie.

Jeana I can't wait to start this. Did you get it at the library?

Leslie Nope, I bought it so I could be sure to have it on vacation. You're welcome to borrow it. I'll be home Wednesday.

Jeana I bought a copy too. I've got it here with me in St. Louis, and I've been waiting to start it until I've finished rewriting my story. Which I finally am tonight! I sent it off. BTW, thank you so much for the suggestion to add flowers into the end--I did that and I think it ends much better now.