Patty's Reviews > The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death: Reflections on Revenge, Germophobia, and Laser Hair Removal

The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death by Laurie Notaro

1020899
Jul 18, 09

bookshelves: 2009, kindle, essays, humor, women-writers, united-states
Read in July, 2009

Since I got my Kindle, I have kept my eye out looking for free e-books. Mostly I have been reading free classics from Feedbooks. Recently, here on Goodreads, I read a notice that Laurie Notaro had a book available free for the Kindle. I actually could find favorable reviews of this book, so I thought I would try it. It was an acceptable choice.

There is no doubt in my mind that many people would find Notaro funny. Her thoughts about her life should make lots of people laugh - especially women. However, in my opinion, Notaro can get wearing if you read too many of these essays at once. I can't imagine living with her or having her as a friend.

My other objection to the book (why I gave this only two stars) is that much of her humor is not for people over 50. I think she is a lot younger than I am and some things that she is worrying about are long off my radar.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death.