Nancy's Reviews > Gotcha!

Gotcha! by Christie Craig

Jul 18, 09

Macy Tucker (aka Pizza Girl) was a struggling law student delivering pizzas to pay her bills. She had several problems: her brother Billy had screwed up again. This time landing his butt in prison for something he swears he didn't know about. He has also escaped said prison again, doing something that wasn't his fault. What to do? Her history with men, relatives or ex-husbands, wasn't stellar: Grandpa promised to take her to the circus and "dropped dead in his spaghetti. at twelve, he father left his family in the dust. At twenty-five, her husband gave his secretary a pre-Christmas bonus in HER bed. Macy gave him the boot." Understandably, she is leary of the opposite sex.

Then she runs into (literally) Jake Baldwin. Cop, hunk, son of a preacher and full of his own issues. Not the least of which is to find Macy's brother and take him in. Macy nd her yoga-teaching grandma, her sobbing mother and Billy's sort-of girlfriend cry, laugh and make this story well worth reading. Gotcha! gets you and doesn't let go until the finale with several side stories that keep all the characters involved.

That said...for the life of me I cannot figure out why Ms. Craig kept mentioning that Macy was having her period. Who cares? I know we all do that but don't need it thrown in my face, even as an excuse for ot having sex. Where it not for that fact, this book would have recieved a higher mark from me. Still a good book but come on!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gotcha!.