Adrienne's Reviews > The Loner

The Loner by Rhonda Nelson

2087365
Aug 10, 09

Read in August, 2009

Sold in the UK as "The BodyGuard", with a change of cover. When I saw this in Asda (UKs Walmart sister) I snaffled it up knowing that it would be fun afternoon read.
Well I have to say that I enjoyed the relationship between Huck and Sapphira despite the background story to their relationship being a little shakey (I decided not to pay too much attention to certain things).
Huck is an ex-Ranger whilst Sapphira an heiress with a small dog (an image of someone immeadiately came to mind ,which stuck and I found that distracting). Huck ( honest to the bone) is hired to protect Sapphira (nice, charming, charity benefactor) from a peceived threat to her life. To save her sanity and keep a ream of secrets from her overly protective and emotionally distant father Sapphira sees fit to create another persona (one of spoilt rich socialit). Eventually Huck cracks Sapphiras plot but not after these two have had a romp or two between the sheets and in a public place:).
The back plot for me was ok and really not as interesting as how Huck and Sapphira related to each other....there was some great banter and sarcasm plus great humour along the way,together with some touching moments.tThe ending/HEA however felt rushed and alot of the back story was explained away with just an "Oh *shrug*okay" kind of attitude, Sapphiras very real fear of her father which at one point makes you fear for her safty was really brushed over. But pushing that to one side I actually enjoyed reading this.

This is a great beach/pool/rainy saturday afternoon type of read. So if you're looking for something sweet and loving that reads at a good pace maybe this is one you'd like.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Loner.

08/09/2009 page 41
19.34% "whats there not to like about a Ranger....this ones yummy."
show 1 hidden update…