Shanon's Reviews > The First Days

The First Days by Rhiannon Frater

Oct 19, 09

bookshelves: horror, urban-fantasy, dfc-1, 2009, dystopia-apocalyptic, zombies
Read in October, 2009

I have never been afraid of zombies - but I am now!

This book is so intense that I ended up with a cramp in my hand because I was holding on to the book so tightly. GOODNESS!

Action packed and fast paced. Readers should be warned that it is fairly graphic in it's descriptions. I found the first chapter to be the most difficult to get through so if you can make it through it then you have no worries about being able to handle the rest.

Loved the characters and I'm really worried that some of my favorites will be victims in future books. I will be reading the next book as soon as my hand cramp is all healed up ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Days.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kathryn Yay, yay, yay!

So, this first book in the series is my least favorite, even though I still rated it 5 stars. Some parts were very difficult for me to get through but it's all so worth it! Can't wait to hear what you think!

Shanon That first chapter was hard for me. The fingers under the door struck a cord b/c my kids do that too. VERY disturbing! I'll probably have nightmares about that part alone and it was the opening scene!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Uh-oh. I told Kathryn I'd give this one a try. I'm calling you if I can't sleep when I read this one, K. :)

Kathryn Yeah, you might need to. :) But I mean it, it's sooo worth it. I think I stopped reading after the fingers scene and walked away for awhile. Thankfully I picked it back up. Shanon, I almost want to reread this with you. I finished the series not too long ago and I'd be completely happy starting it all over again. That is a rare thing for me.

Shanon I made it through the night with no nightmares ;)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Well I'll try to be strong and read it now that Shannon has bit the bullet. I'm disturbed by zombies now. I guess it will be worse after this book.