Ryan's Reviews > The Last Patriot

Jul 18, 09

liked it
bookshelves: 52-52, read-in-2009
Read in July, 2009

This is my second Brad Thor book. I enjoyed it. The book is a fast read and very similar to Vince Flynn. So if you like Vince Flynn you will probably like Brad Thor. This book reminds me a little of Da Vinci Code. They are trying to fit a lost history together. I don't know much about Thomas Jefferson or the pirates on the Barbary coast or the reasons why the US Government set the marines to that area during that time. It is an interesting story, especially if the US government was paying off these pirates.

It tell the story of how President Jefferson was fighting the war on terrorism back then. They are looking for the last revelation of the Prophet Mohammad that was kept out of the Koran. In this revelation Mohammad calls for all Muslims to live in peace with their neighbors. The leadership of Islam didn't like it because they were getting rich powerful for the looting and ransoms. They killed Mohammad to shut him up and them destroyed the revelation. Bard Thor weaves that history into modern day terrorism.

Again a quick read, fast paced political thriller.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Patriot.