Jo's Reviews > Spiritual Depression: Its Causes and Cure

Spiritual Depression by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

Jun 17, 10

bookshelves: christian, all-time-favorites
Read in August, 2009

Don’t be fooled into thinking that just because the title of this book has the word “depression” in it that it doesn’t relate to you. Martyn Lloyd-Jones identifies numerous sources of spiritual discouragement, and encourages us to counteract those causes by preaching the truth to ourselves. His writing is a wonderful mixture of lofty prose, common sense, and practical insights. If you’ve experienced spiritual discouragement of any degree, this book is heartening and applicable.

*note added a year later*
The other day I was reading through the notes that I took while reading this book, and I realized that the concepts I gleaned from it have stuck with me amazingly well. Of the Christian living books I have read, this one has really impacted me long term. I remember that when I was in the process of reading it, at times it felt like I was hacking my way through the book, simply because of the amount of material it contained. Upon reflection, however, it was well worth the effort. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spiritual Depression.