Melissa's Reviews > The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder

The Out-of-Sync Child by Carol Stock Kranowitz

Sep 18, 2007

This book was recommended to me by Hyrum's Occupational Therapist because he has a sensory processing disorder. His sensory disorder is mainly motor but there are other SPD's. I would recommend this book to anyone who thinks their child may be struggling a little bit. I was suprised to see how much behavior can be affected by these disorders and they can range from very mild to severe. We knew Hyrum had something wrong but it took a lot of work trying to figure it out. His doctor was not much help and just said that he would grow out of it but we didn't take that for an answer and I am very glad we didn't. Also, just a note if you have noticed a difference in your child you should have them screened for autism as soon as possible because often times SPD can look like autism but your window for autism is much smaller. This is also a good book for any parent to help children develop their nervous system. The activity book that goes with it has so many great activites that any child would enjoy.
9 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Out-of-Sync Child.

04/13 marked as: read