Carrie's Reviews > Cromartie High School, Volume 10

Cromartie High School, Volume 10 by Eiji Nonaka

Jul 17, 09

bookshelves: completely-amazing, original-innovative-creative, humorous, highest-shelf
Read in July, 2009

Just when I thought CHS wouldn't get any better (not that it's bad, or I wouldn't have read this far), I read this volume... brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
Hayashida falls down a manhole and is sent to the subterranean Empire of the Apes. Hence, "Hayashida and the Subterranean Empire of the Apes". Aforementioned title heads every chapter concerning this "movie-like episode", in the classic slanted Star Wars font.
I honestly don't think that I will be able to think about the Chosen One the same way again.

Also, Kamiyama has more or less slipped out of the picture. He comes back later, but all our favorite characters are pretty much sharing the spotlight. Except Freddie and Hokuto, who only appear sporadically now. But the thoughtful, moving, intelligent conversations among enlightened badasses continue with the same brilliant level of brilliace (maybe even more), Mechazawa keeps doing his thing, and Eiji Nonaka somehow manages never to run out of ideas that make me laugh out loud and think "What the heck..." at the same time.

I need to start actually buying these soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cromartie High School, Volume 10.