Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides's Reviews > Unshapely Things

Unshapely Things by Mark Del Franco

Jan 13, 11

bookshelves: fantasy-fiction
Read in September, 2007 — I own a copy

Re-read 12 Jan 2011. As part of my effort to eventually actually review the fourth book in the series, I'm reading all the currently published books. I noticed what looked like it was the groundwork for something that happened in the fourth book, and started looking for clues about the timeline to confirm my suspicions. I think they're correct, and I wonder how long that loose end is going to be left dangling, and how many other readers have noticed. I'm probably building that up to sound more exciting than it is. It's the kind of plotline I thought was exciting and creative when I was 14 and writing fanfiction; I'm just trying to avoid being specific.

Anyway, I'd say the world is well-developed and mildly interesting. After all, I've been buying these books since they were being published. (Should note that if they went to HC-first, though, I'd probably stop.) I feel like this particular book is like a read-once thing. It's not all that enjoyable on its own, but mostly as something that lays the groundwork. Also there's a Disposable Woman thing that kind of annoys me.

Oh, I almost forgot. There's a gargoyle named Virgil. That didn't click until this re-read, but it made me chuckle.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unshapely Things.