JG (The Introverted Reader)'s Reviews > Skippyjon Jones

Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner

My much-younger cousins introduced me to these. I don't actually remember reading them until I bought them for two little boys I know. So my husband and I are sitting in the living room floor, wrapping Christmas presents, and I pick this one up and start reading aloud. No more wrapping from me! I had to read both of them out loud, complete with claps and my very best Spanish accent! Tons of fun and highly recommended for family read alongs.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skippyjon Jones.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather JG, we LOVE the Skippyjon Jones books! They are our favorite read-aloud books. The stories are so funny, then add the fun of trying to perfect the accent, and before long, we're all cracking up laughing! Glad to hear you enjoyed them too :)

JG (The Introverted Reader) Unfortunately, my best any kind of accent always sounds Ukrainian. Don't ask. My husband is Cuban, so he gets roped into reading these to my cousin. Talk about the perfect accent! But at least mine is good for a laugh!

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather LOL! Even though I haven't heard your voice, I can totally imagine you reading with a Ukrainian accent! That's too funny!