Thee_ron_clark's Reviews > The Gathering Dark

The Gathering Dark by Christopher Golden

Jul 16, 09

bookshelves: vampires
Read in July, 2009

I must admit to being pretty excited that Golden added a fourth installment to the Shadow Saga, as I loved the first two and enjoyed the third. Unfortunately, The Gathering Dark turned out to be a rough book to come across. I am unsure if it is out of print, a limited print, or what. All I know is that the price tag I was finding on used copies was as high as 140 dollars. Ouch! Luckilly, I came across a copy for 15 bucks. Steep for a paperback, but better than what I had been seeing.

To the book... I finished it this morning. I had a rough time getting into it at first and thought that vampires might not show up at all. This changed after some time, but only on a limited basis. I suppose the third book cut back on the population of vampires, but I still expected a bit more that this book had.

Regardless, once I started to get into it, I stayed into it.

The fabrics of earth begin to open to demonic interference. A former vampire and powerful mage returns from the first three novels to attempt to stop the invasion of demonic entitities and save the world.

I will say that this could be read by itself, butis probably better after reading the rest of the series. I hope another is written in the future.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gathering Dark.

Brett Botbyl I loved this book...and of course, the series.