Victor Gentile's Reviews > The Bride Blunder

The Bride Blunder by Kelly Eileen Hake

Mar 26, 10

Read in December, 2009

I had the privilege of interviewing Kelly Eileen Hake, on our radio show "Kingdom Highlights", for her new book, "The Bride Blunder", Book Three in her, "Prairie Promises" series published by Barbour. If you haven't read the first two books you have missed getting to know the people of Buttonwood, Nebraska and you have missed a real treat. These are really nice people and, if they existed outside of Ms. Hake's fertile mind, they would be people that you would want to invite over to your house to hang out with them. My personal opinion is that this is Kelly Hakes best work and Ms. Hake has ended the series on a very high note indeed.

Gavin Miller is the miller for the town of Buttonwood and he has prospered enough to finally send for the woman he loves and marry: Marguerite Chandler. However what he forgets is that there are two Marguerite Chandlers and they are cousins. The one he sends for is engaged to be married so everyone assumes it is the other one. So she packs up everything and leaves for Buttonwood for she is in love with Gavin from her childhood. Of course she is not what Gavin expected when she got off the coach and she is terribly hurt when she figures out the error. Gavin wants to do the honorable thing and marry her but she wants to be married for love. Now the romance begins as Gavin realizes that he is in love with her but has to win her over and prove his love.

There is also the story of Midge and Amos as she works through her problems from her childhood before she was adopted. This is a book of emotional trauma and how do we go about the healing process of our emotions when we can't medicate or put bandages on them. Ms. Hake handles this theme exceptionally well and you root for the men to win over their respective women with their love.

I recommend this book highly and while I am sorry to leave the people of Buttonwood behind I am greatly looking forward to the next series.

If you missed the interview for "The Bride Blunder" and would like to listen to it and/or would like to hear the previous interviews where we discussed the first and second books please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 Christian music please visit our internet radio station www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Barbour Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bride Blunder.