Victor Gentile's Reviews > Surrender the Wind

Surrender the Wind by Rita Gerlach

Mar 22, 10

Read in July, 2009

I had the privilege of interviewing Rita Gerlach, on our radio show "Kingdom Highlights", for her new book, "Surrender The Wind" published by Abingdon Press. This is a post-Revolutionary War story that is a romance, a thriller and a bit of a detective story with a gothic flavor. In short it is a good read.

American Revolutionary War patriot Seth Braxton is called back to England when he learns that his grandfather has died and that he has willed, Ten Width, the ancestral home to him. If it were not for the fact that his sister lives there and he has not seen her in a long time he would not go but go he does. When he arrives in Devonshire he finds his sister, Carolyn, is grieving over the loss of her son and he meets Juleah with whom he falls madly in love.

Seth has no great desire to stay in Devonshire, only wanting to return home to America but events begin to play out that question whether his nephew is really dead and why is he receiving these threats? So, now with everyone's lives in danger, Seth stays to sort through the mystery that surrounds his ancestral home.

This is an exciting book filled with all kinds of twists and turns and sub-lots that will keep you guessing. It is worth the investment of time to read this book, you will not be disappointed.

If you missed the interview for "Surrender The Wind" and would like to listen to it please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where it is available On Demand.

To listen to 24 Christian music please visit our internet radio station www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Abingdon Press. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender the Wind.