Paquita Maria Sanchez's Reviews > The Handmaid's Tale

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Feb 02, 2015

bookshelves: literature

THIS BOOKS ABOUT ORGIES AND PEOPLE WHO LIKE ORGIES AND SOME PEOPLE WHO H8 ORGIES.
118 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Handmaid's Tale.

The Crimson Fucker are there any pictures of the orgies in it?

Paquita Maria Sanchez There IS a motion picture. If you wanna see Robert Duvall gettin' real NAS-TAY.

The Crimson Fucker ok... i just image google Robert Duvall... then i proceeded to imagine him on top of a Mongolian Cluster Fuck... (why!? i dont know!) and now i'm traumatized! thank you very much! but i think i'ma pass on that!

The Crimson Fucker hey! you took down the i love the smell of napalm in the morning video!!! and i finally came up with a witty response to it! buaaaaaaa i feel cheated!!!

The Crimson Fucker its too late now! i thought about it for a whole day! now my funny about replacing the word "Napalm" for the word "Smegma" will not be funny! i wanted to make jokes about old people and smegma! and no i can't! i can't damn it!!!! BUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Paquita Maria Sanchez THIS BOOK IS ABOUT THE LAMEST 3-WAY IN THE HISTORY OF EVER.

smetchie It has been a long time since I read this. But I don't remember any orgies.

Paquita Maria Sanchez Oh there's orgies...government-mandated 3-ways, to be specific.

smetchie Oh wait...that's ringing a bell.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Paquita Maria wrote: "Oh there's orgies...government-mandated 3-ways, to be specific."

Thanks for this reminder of one of the reasons I loathed this book. Sometimes I wonder why everyone likes it so much...beyond me!

Paquita Maria Sanchez I actually adore this book. Unfortunately, it fell victim to a goodreads meme in 2010, resulting in this lame-ass review which does not, to my mind or anyone's, do Atwood justice at all. Some goodreads pals came across a reviewer who was really into Harry Potter and wrote ALL HER REVIEWS LIKE THIS! with really surface-level, one sentence, grammatically incorrect summaries. Some of us found it hysterical and just sorta ran with the form, applying it even to our nearest and dearest novels. This one is a particular favorite of mine: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Stephen M It's the best review format. GO CHEAP AND LAZY MINIMALISM.

Paquita Maria Sanchez THANX 4 THE COMMENT STEPHEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen M UR WELCUM CUZ I LAIK CHEX DAT ORIG GURLZ WEBSITE 'N' WUZ HORRIFIDE.

Paquita Maria Sanchez WIL YOU LINK ME 2IT PLEZE? PLEZE?!

message 18: by Megha (new)

Megha I wonder if that girl knows what a trend-setter she is.

Paquita Maria Sanchez I doubt it. Apparently, she hasn't logged in for 3 years. What a shame. Thanks for the link, Stephen!

message 20: by Megha (new)

Megha She probably deemed GR out of vogue to bother logging in.

Stephen M I WAS ON THIS LAIK BOOK SITE DEN I WAS LAIK I DONE READ NO BOOKS NOW

s.penkevich You summed this book up nicely! ha

Brittany B. I saw the review and was interested in the comments. I'm not sure what's going on in this thread, maybe inside jokes.

I didn't think this book is actually just about orgies and 3-ways. Can anyone give me insight about the nature of the review and the "skanky bitch" comments? I'm terribly curious.

Stephen M Message 19 may help.

message 25: by Megha (new)

Megha Brittany, comment #14 should clear things up a bit.

Brittany B. Thanks Stephen and mp. :)
I was worried I'd get cursed out for intruding.

Brittany B. Yep, I get it now, and It's pretty darn funny. Thanks for helping me.

Paquita Maria Sanchez Hello, Brittany! Yeah, I imagine these sorts of reviews must be confusing for a lot of people. Fortunately, you came across the very thread where an explanation is actually provided. Now, next time you see one, you can get a good chuckle out of it. (There are tons of these Easter Eggs hidden on goodreads.)

Brittany B. Oh Paquita, do you have the initial link for the harry potter fan?? It's all really funny.
I would love to find the Easter Eggs :)

Paquita Maria Sanchez Message 19 links right to her profile. We can thank Stephen for that kind resourcefulness. Thanks, Stephen!

Stephen M Ha, thanks. I just liked one of her classic reviews. As mp says, it was a real trend setter.

Paquita Maria Sanchez I assume you mean this, right?

Brittany B. Wow!!!! I don't have words for it yet. I've never seen anything like this.
Hmmm... Goodreads has taken on a whole new meaning. I stalked it enough in earnest, but never thought about the treasures I could find... Thanks to all of you for making my night. Feel free to forward any other rare oddities my way. I have a healthy appreciation for such things.

Brittany B. Jk's Bitch is a class act.

Paquita Maria Sanchez The classiest in class!

Deborah Heaton OMG!!! Orgies? Oh no! Who knew??? No wonder it appealed to me!

message 37: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Shaw I haven't even read the book yet and your comment made me laugh so hard.

George Excellent summary.

message 39: by CallMeIshmael (new)

CallMeIshmael best review I've ever read