Claire's Reviews > The Acts of King Arthur and His Noble Knights

The Acts of King Arthur and His Noble Knights by John Steinbeck

Jul 18, 2009

it was ok
Read in July, 2009

I think I would probably think this were a lot cooler if I were a little boy, maybe even a gender-neutral small child. The endless jousting got old fast. Also, after the third or fourth time a mysterious damsel asks you to promise on your honor to help her and then tricks you into doing something awful, you would think you'd learn to start asking beforehand what you're promising to do. Knights are very slow on the uptake. I guess it was good to read just for the sake of knowing more of the mythology, but otherwise I wouldn't really recommend it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Acts of King Arthur and His Noble Knights.

John I understand your comments, but the very fact that these knights would "fall for it" every time was a testiment to their virtue and upholding the tenents of chivalry. They weren't necessarily slow on the uptake. They made a vow to protect the innocent. Until these mysterious damsels actually did something to show their guilt, the knight was honor and duty-bound to take their word for it. :)

Jessica Strauss I don't know John. I think I'm gonna have to side with Claire on this one. Those knights were dummies.