Tina (Fantastic Book Review)'s Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Aug 12, 10

bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy, paranormal, angels, vampires, magicians
Read from August 08 to 10, 2010

I've been anticipating this book - it seems like forever. To be able to continue visiting the world that Cassandra Clare has created is a special treat indeed. The Infernal Devices brings to readers a new cast of characters plus a few old ones from TMI (The Mortal Instruments).

It was easy to delve back into the world of Nephilim and Downworlders. CLOCKWORK ANGEL takes readers to the setting of London as Tessa Gray enlists the help of Will, Jem, Charlotte, Henry & Jessie to aid her in her search for her missing brother. My favorite warlock (Magnus Bane) also makes an appearance. I love the London setting in this book. Clare’s descriptions of 1800’s London put me smack-dead in the scenery right alongside the characters. The London setting also gives the story a whole new, dark and edgy feel as the cast set out on their mission to uncover the mystery behind the Magister and The Pandemonium Club.

I can't say enough great things about the cast in this book. Tessa is a heroine that I've enjoyed getting to know. Jem is a sweetheart and Will is mysterious as ever. Of course, Will is my favorite! I love the whole misunderstood thing he has going on - reminds me a bit of Jace Wayland from TMI. What’s not to like about that? Clare continues to lure me into the world that she's created. With a beautiful setting, fascinating characters, and dangerous intrigue, who could ask for anything more? No complaints here.

I can't wait to see what CLOCKWORK PRINCE - the next installment in this awesome series has in store. I don't think I could ever get tired of Clare's world. It’s so great to immerse yourself into her magical world for a little escapism!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stray ohmygodsh i hate you so much i want that book gimme gimme gimmmeeee

Stray sorry, CC fan hysterics

Miss Clark Want. Book.

♥adinda ♥ want thisssssssssssss

Stacy Glad you liked it, this will be my book to buy after I buy/read Mockingjay (by Suzanne Collins).

Emily i really really really want to read it!